Protecting your privacy
USVIP creates a record for each booking that involves using the services it provides. When you book Meet and Greet or Transfer service, we will collect and store information about your transaction. USVIP will also collect and store information about changes to your booking, including a cancellation or failure to complete the reservation.
If you book travel for someone else, we may collect your billing information but may communicate with the passenger directly about their flight.
If your booking includes emergency contact information, we may share personal information with your emergency contact or attempt to collect information about you from your emergency contact, as appropriate based on the nature of the emergency.
In the event of a flight delay, cancellation, or other service disruption, we may use the contact information provided in your booking to notify you, and the individuals traveling on the same booking, about the disruption.
Sensitive personal information
To the extent that the personal information we collect constitutes sensitive personal information under applicable law, including where such laws promote a substantial public interest, USVIP will collect and process this sensitive personal information within the limits provided by applicable law. Where required by law, USVIP will seek your specific consent before processing sensitive personal information.
Some examples of this type of information include:
· You have provided medical information to us while requesting specific assistance (such as the provision of wheelchair assistance) from us and/or an airport operator;
· You have sought clearance from us to fly with a medical condition or device;
· You have otherwise chosen to provide such information to us or it has been passed onto us by a third party such as the travel agent through which you made your booking.
In addition, you may have requested services (such as a request for wheelchair assistance) which is not “sensitive personal information” but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other information. USVIP does not use such data to infer sensitive personal information about you.
Due to the nature of our Services, we may collect travel information, which may include personal information, about children when it is required to comply with the law, including federal aviation or security regulations, or as otherwise required to provide transportation needs and services. We may retain personal information when required to provide transportation and related services to a child. USVIP does not knowingly collect personal information directly from children – persons under the age of 13, or another age if required by applicable law – other than when required to comply with the law or for safety and security reasons.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child who has provided personal information without your knowledge and consent, you may request we remove this child’s information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automatically collected information (including cookies and geolocation)
When you use our Services, we may receive technical information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, your geolocation, the name of your internet service provider, mobile advertising identifiers, and pages visited on our website. USVIP gets this information by using technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and mobile device geolocation to provide and improve our Services and advertising, including across browsers and devices (also known as cross-device linking). We also use this information to verify that visitors meet the criteria required to process their requests and for reporting activity on our Services. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on our Services or which pages or features get the most attention. This technical information may be combined with information that is personally identifiable in order to personalize our Services and advertising to your interests, including across browsers and devices. For example, if you spend time reviewing a particular service but do not complete a reservation, we may use this information to show you targeted advertising about similar services on our website or on third-party websites. Some of this information may be shared with third parties, as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services.”
Additionally, and with your specific consent where required by law, USVIP may combine the information we receive from you with information collected from other sources. This information may be used to provide offers and/or services specifically tailored to your interests in accordance with applicable laws.
Cookies on our services
Our Services also occasionally use “local shared objects” (also known as “Flash cookies”). Like browser cookies, Flash cookies may be used for coordinating content delivery, website functionality, maintaining preferences, advertising, or analytics. Unlike browser cookies, “Flash cookies” are not stored in the browser. You may be able to manage these Flash cookies by visiting the Adobe website.
There are four types of cookies used on our Services:
1. Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. Without these cookies, services such as shopping activity and paying activity cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
2. Preference cookies – These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made (such as a saved country / language preference). These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
3. Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our Services such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
4. Content / advertising cookies – These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you’ve visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Services. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services (as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services”) in order to provide advertising (on our Services and elsewhere) based on users’ online activities (so-called “interest-based advertising”) on our Services and elsewhere online. The third parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
Information collected by third parties on our website
For example, some of our Services include social network or other third-party plug-ins (such as Facebook’s “Like” button) that enable you to login to certain of our Services, to comment on content available on our Services, and to share things you find on our Services with your social network. The providers of these plug-ins may be able to collect information about you even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget and regardless of whether you have an account or other relationship with these social networks and third parties. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
Also, some third parties collect information about users of our Services in order to provide interest-based advertising (on our Services and elsewhere, including across browsers and devices, also known as cross-device linking). This may include anonymized or de-identified information about you, such as travel destinations that you search for while using our Services. These third parties may use the information they collect on our Services to make predictions about your interests in order to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet (for example, travel products and services that are available at a destination you searched for online). Some of these third parties may participate in an industry organization that gives users the opportunity to opt out of receiving ads that are tailored based on online activities.
Opting out of marketing and sharing your information with third parties
We may use Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics to aggregate and analyze data about your use of our Services.
How your information will be used
We use personal information to complete transactions and fulfill requests for our products and services. For example, we require you to provide personal information when making a reservation to purchase meet and greet or transfer services.
Administrative, marketing, analytical purposes
In addition to processing, confirming and fulfilling the travel or other services or products you request, USVIP may use personal information for administrative, analytical, and marketing purposes such as employee training, information systems management, accounting, billing and audits, credit card processing and verification, customer-relations correspondence. USVIP also uses personal information to identify, develop and market products and services that we believe you will value, including across browsers and devices, in accordance with applicable laws. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
· Business purposes and communication: To provide meet and greet services or information you requested, to communicate with you for business or customer service reasons, or for other such reasons such as changes to our policies or in response to your inquiry
· Financials transaction management: To facilitate payment for services or provide refunds
· Legal and regulatory obligations: To comply with legal, regulatory, or fiscal obligations, or in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit
· Tailored web experience: To personalize your advertising experience when visiting our sites, and to manage details about your accounts, when security updates are available, or when an action is required to keep the account active
· Marketing and analytics: To perform data analyses and other processing for marketing purposes
· Site maintenance: To improve content, functionality, and usability of our sites and to offer opportunities to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us
· Security management: To secure USVIP’s premises, assets, and information
· Third party requests: To respond to and comply with outside requests initiated by you, as well as in response to legal requests
Data security and integrity
We take reasonable measures to protect the personal information you provide to us. Here are some things you can do to keep your information secure.
Keep your confirmation number confidential:
When you make a booking, you will be given a confirmation number. This will appear on the email we would send you after you book the services. You should keep your confirmation number confidential, as giving it to others may allow them to access your booking details through our systems. If you are traveling with others and do not want them to have access to your booking details, you should have each person make their own bookings.
Keep your login information confidential:
To make sure your access to our websites, other online services, and mobile applications is secure; you should not share your login details with anyone else. You should always log out of the website, online services or mobile app after each use if others have access to your computer or device, especially if you are using a publicly accessible computer such as at library or internet café.
USVIP uses reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, both during transmission and once we receive it. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. When your personal information is shared, USVIP will take a reasonable approach to prevent the unauthorized use of personal information.
Data retention policy
Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations, legal requirements and the duration of your use of our website and receipt of our Services.
With whom your information will be shared
For instance, we may disclose or share information about you to:
· third parties to distribute promotions, sweepstakes, marketing surveys and messages, focus groups, interviews and other opportunities offered by USVIP;
· third parties who have arranged for discounts, pre-paid travel or other services on your behalf, such as employers;
Obtaining and handling your consent
Application of local laws
Where required by local law, you may have the right to access, request a copy of, update, transfer or port, restrict the processing of, or request that we delete your personal information. You may also have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. To exercise these rights please email us at email@example.com. When we receive a request to exercise one of these rights, we will indicate what personal information we require from you to validate your identity. We will also provide information on the action we intend to take on the request without undue delay and no later than 30 days from receipt of the request where required by local law. This time may be extended by an additional two months in certain circumstances, for example, where requests are complex or onerous. Please note, these requests are subject to applicable legal, ethical reporting, or document retention obligations imposed on us.
When you provide us with your information, you acknowledge that this information may be stored, transferred, and processed on servers located anywhere in the World, including either inside or outside of the U.S. or the European Union or Switzerland.
Opting out of marketing communications and sharing your information with third parties
If you tell us you don’t want to receive marketing messages we will stop sending them. We will, of course, continue to send important information relating to a product or service you have purchased to keep you informed about your booking and travel itinerary.
Users from the European Union and Switzerland
Controller of Personal Information
To the extent that USVIP Services LLC is subject to the laws of the European Union and Switzerland when processing personal data (“Personal Data”), it shall be the “data controller” under such laws.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
· Necessary for the performance of the contract between you and USVIP (for example, for resolving billing or customer service inquiries related to your use of our Services);
· Necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules or to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement);
· Necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the website and our Services);
· To protect the vital interests of you or another person (for example, if we collect and process medical information in the event of a medical emergency and you are incapable of giving your consent);
· To perform a task carried out in the public or substantial public interest (for example, to provide disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility opportunity for air travel comparable to those of other persons); and
· Where legally required and we have no other valid legal basis to process Personal Data, we will use consent by our customers (for example, to provide you with marketing information or share information with third parties), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with Personal Data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you all of our Services, and for you to use all the features of our website.
International Transfers of Personal Data
The nature of USVIP’s business means that the Personal Data collected through our Services will be transferred to the United States. We take appropriate steps to ensure that recipients of your Personal Data are bound to duties of confidentiality and we implement measures such as standard data protection contractual clauses to ensure that any transferred Personal Data, remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be requested by emailing email@example.com
As described above in the “Local Laws” section, under data protection laws in the European Union and Switzerland, you have certain rights related to your Personal Data.
You may be entitled to exercise the right to:
· Object to the processing of Personal Data (for instance, where the basis of our processing is our legitimate interests, see section above “Legal Basis for Data Processing”), and we will stop processing your data. We will not resume processing unless we can establish compelling legitimate grounds that override your rights.
· Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data (for instance, this can be done if the Personal Data is not accurate and needs to be updated). This can also be done in relation to data where the purposes of processing no longer apply, but you still need the data and do not want us to erase it.
· Request updating of your Personal Data (if you believe the information we have about you is not accurate or incomplete). You may ask us to update your Personal Data but we cannot modify it for previously flown bookings because that is the official record of the transaction.
· Request access to your Personal Data (for instance, if you wish to receive a copy of your information, confirmation as to whether we are processing your information, and information as to how we use your information), You may request access to your Personal Data but that may not include information relating to others that you either did not provide to us or who have not consented to the disclosure of their information to you.
· Request erasure of your Personal Data (for instance, if we have no legal basis to process the information and you have not given us your consent to do so, if the purposes of processing no longer apply, or if you have objected to the processing and we cannot establish compelling legitimate grounds to override your rights). Certain data may not be erased if we have a requirement to retain it for legal purposes. You may ask us to delete your Personal Data, but we cannot do so if you have pending services booked with us.
· Request portability of your own Personal Data (the transfer of information you have provided to us, to another controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format), if such a request is technically possible to complete.
To exercise these rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When we receive a request to exercise one of these rights, we will indicate what Personal Data we require from you to validate your identity. We will also provide information on the action we intend to take on the request in accordance with applicable law.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible and no later than 30 days from receipt of the request. In certain circumstances this time may be extended by an additional two months, for example, where requests are complex or onerous. You may always contact our Data Protection Officer, at email@example.com. If you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law, you may submit a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have other questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, or if you wish to issue a request to exercise your rights where applicable by law, please contact our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name and contact information along with the request.
Alternatively, inquiries may be mailed to the following address:
USVIP Services LLC
92 SW 3rd St #2009, Miami , FL 33130
We make arrivals and departures simpler, quicker and less stressful!